How can I maximize the search on Apartments.com Canada?
Did you know that you can sort search results by more than just price and bedroom count? There are numerous filters and tools that can be used to sort search results on Apartments.com Canada.
How do I begin?
To start, run a search using the city, zip code, or part of town you want to live in. After the results have loaded, a map appears to the left and search results display to the right.
In the header, you will see the city and state you’re searching, and to the right of that will be more filters to go along with Price, Beds, and Type:
- Lifestyle: Sort out specialty living situations with this filter such as Student, Senior Housing, Short Term, Military Housing, and Corporate Housing.
- Move-In Date: Filter locations by date available using this calendar feature.
- More: If you want to get granular, this filter will allow you to sort by amenities, affordability, square footage, and Keywords.
The map itself can be used to find a new home. Here are some handy features that will assist with that:
- Draw – This will give you a pencil that will allow you to draw the region on the map where you want to live.
- Travel Time – Find out the travel time to schools, work, and points of interest with this handy tool.
- Nearby – Get more specific with the neighborhood by searching properties in and around that part of town with this feature.
- Area Guide – New to town? Use these summaries of the neighborhood to learn more about that part of the city.
I've found a listing I like– what do I do?
Did a listing catch your eye and you’re scared of losing it? To the top right, if you’re signed into your Apartments.com account, you can set notices and save current searches as described below.
- Favorites – Click the heart icon on any listing to save it to a bank of favorites.
- New – This is a lightning icon that will show you the newest listings in your search.
- Alerts – Clicking the bell icon on the top of your search results will save that search for future use.