I'm having trouble verifying my identity. What should I do?
We ask applicants to verify their identities when they run screening reports and submit applications.
During this process, you'll be required to enter your legal name and SSN or ITN. You'll also be asked questions from your credit file, like where you've lived and banked.
If you're having trouble with the verification questions...
- Get help from TransUnion Support: 1-866-775-0961. You'll want to let them know that you're running into trouble answering the security questions. They should be able to pull up your information and review the information they have on file for you.
- The answer might be "None of the above." It's possible (and fairly common) that none of the answer options relate to you.
- Check what's on your TransUnion credit file. You can get a copy of your TransUnion credit report to see what information is on your credit file, and what you might be asked in the verification questions. Get a copy at www.annualcreditreport.com or by calling TransUnion at 800-916-8800.
Apartments.com doesn't have access to your security questions and won't be able to help you directly get pass this step. Call TransUnion's support team at 1-866-775-0961 for help with identity verification.
Do you have a freeze on your credit file?
If your credit report is frozen, this prevents TransUnion from accessing your credit file to verify that the personal information you enter for the security questions are correct.
You'll need temporarily lift your TransUnion credit freeze, which you can do from the link here: https://www.transunion.com/credit-freeze, or by calling TransUnion's Security Freeze line at: 888-909-8872.
Are you entering your legal name and current address?
- Apply with your full legal name, including your middle name.
- Make sure you’ve entered your most recent address, the one most likely associated with your credit report.
- Make sure you're entering your correct Social Security Number or ITIN.
"Apply Now" is available on select properties and locations at this time. Please check back frequently as more properties and cities are added.