How can I search for an apartment?
Apartments.com is completely free and easy to use when looking for your new home! Here are the steps you can take to find your next place.
Step 1: The best way to begin your search is by using filters
A few of the filters you'll find near the search bar includes:
- Housing type (apartments, houses, townhouses, or condos)
Note: If you'd like to narrow down your search, select More and a variety of amenities will appear.
Step 2: Viewing your search results
Once you've applied your filters, you can select the map to zoom in and explore vacancies in your desired location or use the scrolling list of available properties.
Be on the lookout for listings that have a Play icon or a 3D Tours button:
- If you select the Play button, a video will pop up showing the property, amenities, and models offered.
- If you select the 3D Tours button, you'll be able to view 3D images of the models from a dollhouse view as well as explore the place inch by inch.
Moving can be nerve-wracking, especially if you don't have any friends or family in the area to field questions about the neighborhood. With Apartments.com listings, you'll find plenty of information to help you make the right decision.
Make sure to scroll to the bottom of the listing so you don't miss out on data about nearby schools, nearby transit and points of interest, and walkability scores.
Step 3: Contact the property that you're interested in
You can contact the property by:
- Calling them at the number displayed on the listing or
- Entering your details and sending an email through our website
- If you're unable to view the property in-person, that's ok! Ask the property if they can give you a live tour through Facetime or if they have a video link that they can share with you.
If you're interested in applying for the rental, some listings will allow you to apply through Apartments.com. If you apply, you'll pay $29.00 to submit your application and screening reports and can apply that fee to applications to other participating rentals for up to 30 days.