How do I get set up to pay rent?
If you received an invitation to join a rent collection and you're wondering where to start, you're in the right place! This guide will show you from start to finish how to:
- Add a payment method
- Schedule a security deposit
- Set up your automatic payments with Auto Pay
Here's how to get started:
1. Create a renter account.
- Use the "Set up Payments" link in your invite email
- or create an account using the email the Rental Owner invited you with
2. From your Payments tab, click on "Set up Payments".
3. After reviewing the brief summary, click on "Get Started".
4. Next step is to add a payment method: you can add a card or connect your checking account using your online banking credentials. Or, if you'd like to link your checking account manually, click on "use your account and routing numbers".
5. Next, if the Rental Owner has requested any Move-In Costs (like a security deposit or prorated rent), you can schedule those payments in this section.
6. Set up a recurring payment plan by entering:
- how much you'd like to be withdrawn automatically from your bank account every month
- when you'd like to send your first payment
- which account to send the payment from
- and when you'd like your Auto Pay to stop
7. The last step is to review your information! If everything looks correct, click "Confirm and continue" and you'll see your scheduled payments in the In-Progress & Upcoming section on your Payments page.
Did your payment fail to send? Learn about the next steps.
Wondering how to check if you've scheduled a payment? Learn how to check your payment status.